||You have already rated this Recipe Printer Friendly Version | Email This Recipe
More Recipes of c0c0c0
|Martha Stewarts tripple chocolate pumpkin pie veganised. |
Serves/Yields: 1 pie|
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
|This is Martha Stewart's tripple chocolate pumpkin pie recipe that she cooked with Keith Olbermann. I veganised it and it turned out really good. |
* FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST (can use pre made pie shell or pre baked flour pie shell)
* 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
* 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) Earth Balance, melted
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped (or 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon coconut oil)
* FOR THE FILLING
* 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) Earth Balance
* 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
* 12 ouces evaporated soy milk (To make your own reduce 4 cups soy milk to half.
* 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1 cup applesauce
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* pinch Ground cloves
* 1 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon condensed soy milk melted
|1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine graham cracker crumbs, Earth Balance, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep, 9 1/2-inch pie dish. Bake until firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Remove from oven, and sprinkle bittersweet chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate, about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. Make the filling: In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt semisweet chocolate and Earth balance, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Mix pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, apple sauce, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
5. Transfer pie dish to a rimmed baking sheet, and pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight). Before serving, drizzle melted milk chocolate on top. Serve immediately.
|Source: Marth Stewart veganised by me|
|Contributed By: c0c0c0 on Thursday, November 27. 2008 at 00:51:09|| |